Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP Server not starting

Status
Not open for further replies.

toddyl

Technical User
Sep 26, 2005
US
Hi,

I have a HP A-Class server, I think, which has a light called Fault which is flashing red. I have tried several times to restart the machine etc. but each time it starts it almost immediately has the red light flashing.

I do not have a terminal connected to the server so using my laptop and HyperTerminal I try to connect to it to see what is going on. Although my HyperTerminal says I'm connected I am not seeing anything on screen. I've used the same settings on another A-Class server and it worked fine so I'm ruling out a problem with my setup.

Any ideas as to what is going on with my server and how I can manage to get it started up.

Thanks,

Tom

Sorry to say this, but sounds like engineer time ... A little unusual you cannot get to something on the console, but I would guess that this would depend on the fault.

Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back