Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP ScanJet 6200C, Win2k, USB

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGrandHooHa

Technical User
Feb 17, 2002
US
I have here an HP ScanJet 6200C scanner. It is hooked up to a Windows 2000 machine via USB. I went to the HP site to download the drivers, and they installed fine. I also downloaded the fix to allow USB communication with the scanner through in Windows 2000. However, the computer still does not detect the scanner either in the Device Manager or in HP PrecisionScan software. I have tried unplugging the device. The USB ports work, because I have a digital camera and a USB flash drive that work fine on the same port and the same machine.

Any additional ideas for me to try?

Thanks in advance!

-Chris

I once managed to lock out a usb port by not detatching a device correctly. have a look at usb devices in device manager and the properties of each usb and the root devices. If the software has installed ( driver )it should show up in start menu. start this programme and look at the settings it may be trying to use LTP1 port as default. if all else fails uninstall all your current usb devices and try reinstaling just the scanner or attach the scanner via a serial cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back