Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP PSC 1315xi BUSINESS CARD FEEDING PROBLEM

Status
Not open for further replies.

colem

Technical User
Jan 28, 2005
US
Hi all,
Great site, just signed up. I have accomplished an astounding feat in pulling ALL of my hair out tonight trying to solve a problem with my new Hp PSC 1315xi 3 in 1 printer.
Here's the problem. I am trying to print Avery business cards, but the back of the paper seems to be a bit slippery, so it won't feed properly. The result is that the printer starts printing well above the first perforation line rendering all of the cards useless. The printer this replaced never had this problem because it was a top loading printer, causing the rollers to contact the front side of the paper as opposed to the slippery back of the paper. I want to jump to the conclusion that no printer will print on these business cards right unless the printer is top loading, and therefore will contact the front side with the rollers. Is this correct, or is there a workaround? I tried increasing the top margin to 1 inch, but that just caused the bottom card to have 1 inch chopped off. Choosing "other specialty papers" didn't make a bit of difference either.

Any help?

Thanks.

Mike C

You are correct that the Avery paper will not work. There is another thread about this problem. The HP tech folks were worthless when I tried to get help. Someone posted that they used different paper purchased at Wal-Mart and I was looking for the thread to respond that I found two brands that work fine. One is Maco Laser & Ink Jet Cards (paper is not very stiff though) and PC Papers by AMPAD (stiffer paper and works fine).

Peace,
Rich Emond

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back