Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP psc 1315

Status
Not open for further replies.

monia1234

Programmer
Sep 17, 2009
DE
Hello,
Under Vista, and latest update printer driver, I encounter the following repeated problems:
1. when I have not used the printer for couple of hours and then restart a print, the printer complained the ' Printing- ink-low'. Although I change the cartridge for a new one and do a complete clean up, the problem does not disssapear. Hence I have to switch off the printer and remove the cartridge, and leave couple of hours and do a restart and if I am lucky then the printer will restart as normal.

2. This complain about 'Printing - ink low ' does not inhibit if photocopy is done or scanning etc is done.

3. 2nd problem: If for some reason, the paper is jammed or a print is cancelled, the status nevers get initialised and no further print will go ahead until a complete restart / shut down is performed.

I look forward for any advice. This printer is all in-one
kind regards,
Monia

For number 3, probably the report is still waiting to print since it technically did not finish. Try going to the printer and deleting the job. This may take several minutes for the job to get deleted from the que. This may then enable you to start another print job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back