Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP Proliant ML330 G6 Raid 1 non hot swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

no2broady

IS-IT--Management
May 11, 2004
IE
Hi,

I have an HP Proliant ML330 G6, it has 2 250Gb SATA drives installed using RAID 1, the RAID card is a P410. One of the disks has failed, I have a spare disk and just wondered if the RAID will rebuild itself after the system reboots. I've not done a disk swap on one of these systems before and I don't see an option in ACU to start the rebuild. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

No2

I haven't dealt with the non hot-swap drives, but my guess is that the array controller would realize it's a new/different drive and start the rebuild process automatically.

Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

I thought that myself, I think I'm going to have to power it off and reseat the disk. Thanks for the reply.

I sorted this problem out, although HP listed this unit as non hot swap, it actually was. I just reseated the disk and it automatically rebuilt the array.

Thanks for the update.

Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back