Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP Procurve Manager (viewing attached nodes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoliMalaka

IS-IT--Management
Aug 31, 2004
US
We have an entirely HP environment for our network.
Running 2600, 4000, 4100, and 2500 series swithces.
We are debating on whether to buy the plus version of HP's Procurve manger.
Before we do so we want to find out one key peice of information.
Will we be able to track or find (via the PCM console) devices on the network by thier MAC or IP address.
For example, lets say that rogue device X gets on the network and grabs a DHCP address. We want to find out what port it is on in order to disable that port.
Currently, we can see it on the network but cannot track it to a particular port on a switch without telnet'ing into each switch and then looking at each ports address table one by one. We have over twenty swtiches.
Will we get what we want from PCM Plus?

I'm trying to do the same thing...just with a home grown application. Right now, I have to start at our core and slowly trace it down to the end switch using "sho mac". I'm trying to locate the snmpget statements that will do this process.

This will give you the MAC address of 10.10.11.115
snmpget -c public 10.10.10.5 atPhysAddress.13.1.10.10.11.115

I've found also found the cdp information of a switch at 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.23.1.2

I'm still looking for the "sho mac" equivalent mib. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back