Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP ProCurve 2910al, Jumbo Frames 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinkpanther56

Technical User
Jun 15, 2005
GB
I have a SAN unit connected through my 2910al switch, I have managed to setup an LACP trunk to get three NICs trunked together and it seems to be working fine. I can't however tell if jumbo frames are enabled where can I look to see if this is set?

The web interface seems a bit poor it currently says LACP States: Disabled, but the CLI shows the LACP trunk as enabled.

Should I also have flow control enabled on the ports carrying the iSCSI traffic?

Thanks.

if you issue show vlans you should see a column in the output labeled Jumbo; it will have either yes or no

as for flow control, only if your SAN manufacturer says that you should enable it.

I hate all Uppercase... I don't want my groups to seem angry at me all the time! =)
- ColdFlame (vbscript forum)

Unclerico is correct on the "show vlans". You can also issue the command show jumbo. I'm running 2 of these switches for an Equallogic iSCSI SAN and having both flow control and jumbo frames on is recommended.

The easiest way to turn flow control on is to access the switch via a console or telnet and go into the menu (command is menu). From there chose switch config (2) then port / trunk settings. It's fairly simple from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back