Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP Procurve 1810G-8

Status
Not open for further replies.

barp21

Technical User
Sep 16, 2012
PL
Hi,

I would like to config this switch in the folwoing way

on port 1 router is conntected, all ports from 2 to 7 should have access to port 1
but don`t speak with themselves. Moreover port 8 should be service port
with acces to all other ports - to connected laptop to it when necessery.
I have been fighting for whole and don`t have idea, how to do it?

Create 7 VLANs, assign each port from 2-8 as untagged each in a different VLAN, trunk all 7 VLANs to the router out port 1.
On the router configure access lists to prevent traffic between the ports as required.

Just to summarize. I should create 7 VLANs on ports from 2 to port 8. When i set VLAN for port 2 it should be untaged, and rest of the ports excluded?
Next i made the same with the rest of the ports (from 3 to 8). What with vlan for port 1? How should it be set? (untaged and rest of ports excluded)?
After that trunk should be set and all VLAN should be membership with port 1? What about port 8? I would like to have access on all ports from it as from port 1.
Why you wrote that i should configure access list on router to prevent traffice beetwen ports? I want that switch will be able to prevent traffic beetwen ports throught VLAN.

Port 1 has all the VLANs tagged.

Port 8 is the same as the other ports.

The switch can't do that - you have to do it on the router.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back