Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP Procurve 10ag signal blocks other wireless points

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeTuk

IS-IT--Management
Jan 11, 2009
GB
Good afternoon all,

Got a very strange one, I have two seperate networks in one building, one with Netgear Rangemax N wireless (network 1) and one without.

The idea is I will migrate the users (almost all are wireless) to the other network shortly. However there needs to be a period of dual-running.

No problem so far, until I bought and setup the HP Wireless 10ag point, as soon as it is turned on it blocks the signal from the Netgear knocking everyone offline with is not great since they use Terminal Services.

Any ideas of what to do? The HP AP can run in 802.11a mode instead of b/g should I use that?

Thanks in advance for any advice

Not a big wireless guy, but have you tried changing to another channel (might not have my terminology correct) on your HP? Most of the time, radios will come up default to channel 1 and I've seen conflict between two AP(s) trying to use the same channel when they are too close to each other. Try changing the HP to channel 7 or whatever you need to make sure it's different than your Netgear.

You will need to analyse all channels that are used arround you.

try airmagnet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back