Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP Pro Curve 2724 Locking Ports 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyds

IS-IT--Management
Feb 22, 2007
GB
I have a HP Pro Curve 2724 J4897a. We have been running it fine for about 6 months. It only had a couple of SQL servers attached. I have recently added about 10 client PC's to it. Shortly after ports on the switch started to lock. This only seemed to happen when sizable packets of data where being sent. I spoke to HP who said this is an unmanaged server and is automatically set to Auto negotiate. This can not be altered.

Does anyone know any software I could use to manage / monitor it and to un-lock the ports?

Also does anyone have any suggestions as to why it has started to become unstable since I added the clients?

The HP Pro Curve 2724 is not a HP server, it is a network switch. You may be better off posting your question in a network forum (maybe forum777 which is the HP Network Solutions forum).

--------------------------------------
"Insert funny comment in here!"
--------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back