Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP printing from an AS400

Status
Not open for further replies.

basspro

IS-IT--Management
Jul 12, 2002
US
Replacing AS400 9406-300 with AS400 170.

On older AS400 was printing to a HP4000N via TCP/IP. Everything worked ok.

New AS400 came in pre-configured. Simply moved user libraries and configuration from old AS400. Set up TCP/IP, new AS400 sees HP4000N and prints to it; however, everything comes out portrait whereas on the older AS400 everthing was landscape (which is what is required).

Have checked outq settings and they seem to be identical.

Anyone have any ideas?

Are these spool files being printed to a system-described printer file (QSYSPRT)? Check the file description of the pronter file(s) (if you can still get into the old box, look at the file descriptions there also to compare).

Me transmitte sursum, Caledoni!

Most of the reports are not being printed to QSYSPRT.
The externally defined print definitions call for 198, 15 cpi.

On the old system if you press PrintScreen the page would print in landscape. On the new system the page prints in portrait.

If memory servers me correctly (been a while since I have worked much with an AS400) isn't there a way to change the *STD formtype properties? This may be the means used on the old system to have everything print landscape.

On certein printers, Lexmark and HP (I believe), simply changing the paper source from *NONE to *LETTER could move from portrait to landscape without needing a workstation customization object. Worth a try.

If you want it to print portrait for everything less that 80 characters, you need to use a wscst obj.

p.s. We use IBM4039HP for all Lexmark and HP laser printers.

Mark

Thanks for information, will not be able to test until this weekend but I will give it a try and let you know of results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back