Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP Printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

computercare

Technical User
Sep 18, 2001
US
When I try to print on my printer it tells me that the printer is out of paper, but the paper tray is full. Any ideas?

Somewhere there is a sensor to tell the microprocessor system that there is paper loaded.
Either the sensor is bad (possibly dirty) or the microprocessor assembly isn't getting the info due to a defect.
Were you to post the relevant printer ID you might find that somebody with one has figured out the fix. Ed Fair
efair@atlnet.com

Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply.

Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

Hi,

Are you sure the paper is in correctly? If it has a paper tray (as opposed to going in from the top) make sure that the tray is all the way in?

Check the lights on the front of the actual printer. With HP printers you tend to have two red light above two buttons. These are the paper and cartridge buttons. If there is a paper error then there will probably be a flashing red light above the corresponding paper button. It may just be a case of pressing that button to signify new paper is in.

If that doesn't work then check the contents of the spool folder (in system32 or Windows folder, i'm not sure, depending on your Op Sys.). Remove any shadow files as well as the accompanying files (maybe in a "Printers" directory inside spool). Now restart your computer and power off and on your printer.

HTH

RayWilson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back