Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP Printer Yields ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bengi1234

Technical User
Nov 18, 2005
US
Has anyone else noticed how it seems that every new HP printer that comes out has a worse yield per cost of toner?

In going through the page counts on all my printers it seems nothing matches the old 4200 series (or large 4345 MFPs for that matter).

I have 50-100 HP printers of various models throughout the office spaces where I work. I would like to standardize them.

The new laser MFPs have a page yield only slightly better than inkjets!

Does anyone know of a decent HP printer with a good high page yield that's not going to cost a ton of $?

Or am I fighting a losing battle with the printer powers that be?

Quite possibly fighting a losing battle. Everyone seems to be just making it as cheap as possible and not really concerned with maintenance, more going towards the "trash and buy new" mentality.

That being said, what do you need out of your printer? Duplex, high ppm, scan/fax capability, low toner operating cost, etc....?

One thing that I utilize here is ldproducts.com for aftermarket toner. It significantly cuts down on operating cost and their customer service dept is extremely helpful and quick to fix any issues. Just a thought.

Learning - A never ending quest for knowledge usually attained by being thrown in a situation and told to fix it NOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back