Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hp priner is playing silly buggers

Status
Not open for further replies.

And2

Technical User
Feb 9, 2004
GB
My printer is about 4years old now, hp1220c A3 beasty, but latley its been doing funny things. the printer head thing judders for a few seconds, then flies over to the other side then judders there for a bit..this only seems to happen when i try to print onto glossy paper (which isn't hp brand by the way) and its ok with normal paper etc. Thing is, i've printed onto this paper before, and its been fine, so i'm stuck! should i go buy expensive hp paper? download a new update or something?! help!!

Hi,
It looks like the rollers are getting worn, not strange after four years.
The glossy paper is harder to grip which is why there are some issues with it. When the rollers get older they lose the ability to grip as well.
I dont think buying HP paper will fix it although it may be worth a shot.

Looking for the best answers:
faq222-2244
Keeping your system clear of malware:
faq608-4650
Dont forget to post back with the eventual resolution.

I've seen an earlier post where cleaning the rollers and taking a small file or something to them to score the surface (effectively giving them "grips") alleviates the worn-out roller problem, but having never tried it myself I don't know if it will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back