Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP Photosmart 7350 driver for 64 bit Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craddock01

Technical User
Sep 9, 2009
US
Can anyone tell me if there is an alternate driver available to connect a HP Photosmart 7350 to a HP Touchsmart Tx2 laptop running Win Vista 64 hooked up via USB? I followed the directions on HP's site and chose the alternate driver (HP Photosmart 5550) and configured the port correctly but I cannot get the laptop to communicate with the printer. I see the printer and can make it the default printer but when I try to print a test page or send anything to the printer, the job hangs in queue never to be recognized by the printer. The printer works fine with 2 other laptops and a desktop running WIN XP Home. Any assistance is appreciated. Please keep in mind - I'm no computer whiz - I know just enough to be dangerous. Thanks again. No error messages are displayes during the entire process.

Faulty cable between the laptop and the printer?

Liverpool: Capital of Culture 2008
Anfield: Capital of Football since 1892
Iechyd da! John
Glannau Mersi, Lloegr.

No - the cable works on the 2 other laptops and while we're speaking about it - I confirmed the USB port works on the Tx2 laptop. Thanks though.

OK - it's been almost 3 weeks - no one? No one out there knows how to get a HP photosmart 7350 printer to work with a HP touchsmart Tx2 laptop? I'm pretty confident it is the driver as I have;

- followed the instructions from HP using an alternate driver.
- configured the port correctly
- tested the printer on a different laptop - it works fine with computers running XP
- tested the USB port - it works correctly
- tested the USB cable - it works correctly

Anyone have any suggestions????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back