Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP not starting at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

firas2513

Technical User
Jun 5, 2008
US
hi, i have a problem. my laptop is not starting at all. the fan turns on for 5 seconds, then nothing appear on the screen. i have valuable data on the hard drive, is there a way to copy these data even if the laptop is not starting at all? or if someone knows how to fix my problem and to start the laptop. it is HP 6000

Data Recovery:- Remove the hard drive from the laptop and either fit it into an external USB hard drive enclosure or attach it directly to an interface on the motherbaord of a desktop PC. This will hopefully show up as a secondary drive and you may be able to read off the data.

Fixing Startup Problem:- You might do better making this a separate post under PC hardware - General Discussion, but here's a few ideas. I'll take it you've tried starting it on both mains and battery alone, and had no success.

Disconnect the mains adaptor from the laptop, and remove the battery. Hold down the power-on button for 10 seconds. Replace battery, plug in mains adaptor and try restarting laptop.

If no go, do the same (above) again, but don't replace the battery. Try powering up the laptop from the mains without the battery insitu. If that works, then suspect a bad battery.

ROGER - G0AOZ.

Remove the hard drive from the laptop and attach it to another PC, then you indeed will probably read the information on the unbootable hard drive. However, if the partition is also corrupted, you will not be allowed to access it unless reformatting is done on this partition. It is well known that formatting operation usually damages the file system of the partition heavily. Therefore, it is reasonable to get a piece of professional Data Recovery tool for the situation. According to the years’ experience of personally testing various Data Recovery software, I prefer to the Data Recovery Wizard which a cost-effective tool from EASEUS.

easeusptd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back