Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP Netserver LT6000R for the Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmanleygen

Programmer
Apr 8, 2004
US
Hello all,
I'm hoping to get a cheap server to use as a host for back ups, file server and web server in the home.
This server will be connected to a wireless network which will consist of a Workstation a PC and an iBook.

I came across a refurbished HP Netserver LT6000R on eBay for about 150 Euro.
I was wondering if I can use this outside of a rack/cabinet environment?
It appears to be perfect for me as in the next year or so I hope to be developing a home business and having this server which is highly upgradeable and cheap is perfect at present.
My only issue is that will the server be ok running as a standalone?
Should I consider mounting it in some sort of frame?
Vibration reduction/cooling/ventilation/sound etc... what are my concerns if I am to use this as a "desktop" server?

Thank you in advance for reading this,
I will expand on any points if required,

Thank you,
Derry Manley

IT WOULD NEED TO BE IN A FAIRLY COOL PLACE. AND IT DOESNT REALLY MATTER IF ITS A RACK MOUNT OR FLOOR YOU CAN BUY A CONVERSION KIT FOR IT BUT YOU DONT EVEN HAVE TO DO THAT...

Thanks for that,

Coudl you tell me where I could find out the BTU rating for this?

Thanks,
Derry

this should help i dont know where you can find it we have a special prog. called OARS that gives us the info

operating temperature (non-metric)
41 to 95 degrees F

operating temperature (metric)
5 to 35 degrees C

operating humidity
20% to 80% noncondensing

acoustic emissions
Sound pressure (LpA): <58 dBA, bystander position

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor