Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP MSA2070s configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

awsau

Technical User
May 5, 2005
AU
Hello Just purchased a used MSA2070s that I was advised was an MSA70. Exactly the same but the module is 4 port with battery module. Cant get my server to recognize the array using a P800 or an SC44Ge. No configuration information available when searching for this particular model on HP site or Google.
Any assistance would be appreciated.

There is no HP Storage product called MSA2070s.

The four port module and the "s" at the end would suggest it's a SAS model. MSA2012sa perhaps.

How many diskslots does it have? How many rack units high? Are the disk 3.5" or 2.5"?

Is there a partnumber anywhere on the box? Should be in a 6-3 format, ie 112233-B12.

Hi Thanks for the reply. The PN is 434811-b21. It is basically the same as an MSA70 with 25 horizontal 2.5" drive slots 2U. The rear has 2 PS, 2 fan and 2 I/O slots. The I/O module is 4 port SAS with 2 battery backup module slots PN 411153-001, the BB module is 406099-001. I searched all these PNs without a lot of success in determining what array it actually is.

I stand corrected, there was a MSA2070s in the plans. Any reference to this is gone from all HP partnumber databases as far as have been able to determine.

I found some information about the MSA2070s and MSA2060s being scheduled to be introduced end 2007. Guess that never happened.

I've never heard of these models, and I like to think I know most of the HP storage products out there. Perhaps you've gotten hold of some very limited release, or perhaps even a pre-production unit.

Since this was planned as a replacement for the MSA1000/1500, it will have a built in RAID controller. The 4 SAS ports is also an indication of that. Therefore, a P800 card will likely not work since that card has onboard RAID.

The SC44Ge also seems to have some form of basic raid, it's supported to attach to the MSA60 and 70 (and perhaps others) dumb drive enclosures.

The supported HBA to attach to an MSA2000sa (SAS version) is the SC08Ge 488765-B21. This would be your best bed, but there are certainly no guarantees. You may not want to spend on a card to attach to a completely unsupported disk array.

Thank you for your help. I might try and find an MSA70 I/O module and see if it is then recognised by the p800. Failing that I will try the card you have recommended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back