Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP LJ 4000 error 41.3 and jammed

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosonden

Vendor
Dec 20, 2004
SE
I have a HP LJ 4000 that when printing from the drawer it prints 1/3 of the page on top of a A4 paper and feeds to the fuser and than jammed. Error 41.3 (I think it was 41.3 - the printer is in parts so I cant test it so easy)

When printing from the multi purpose tray it eather prints blank paper or just 1/3 on top of the paper but is not jammed.

Can it be the registration clutch or the two paper sensor in the front of the printer at registration feed. The registration clutch is not used when feeding from the MP tray so I think I change the paper sensors first.

Have You some suggestions as it takes some time to put it together again .. and again

Hope to hear from You

Check to see that the exit sensor(s) in or around the fuser can move freely.
Will it do this on multiple page jobs and single page jobs or just one or the other? Make sure all the feed rollers are tacky to the touch like a rubber ball. How many total pages has the unit printed? Can you associate a recent event that closely matches the time when this problem began occurring? Most problems like this are cause and effect. First something weird happens then a recurring problems begins.
Hope this helps.

Shtick

Hi

HP LJ 41.3 Unexpected paper size.

Problem the paper is being picked up to early or late.

This could be the rollers, registration assy or sensor problem.
Thanks

You should also check to make sure the tray settings are correct for the paper. This is a simple fix, but we see it a lot. Sometimes it is the simple things that will get you. I hope that was not it, as you have torn the printer apart. I hope that this helps. Have a nice day!!!

check if the feed and separation rollers are ok, might be worn..

Thank You!

I haven´t done anything to this. I thank You for the moment for the answers.

Hope to be able to serve somebody with my knowledge in printers. Have seen them from 1970 when selling Facit printers here in Sweden. OKI, HP, Tektronix, Xerox Phaser 340 - 8400. We change a lot Drum Paper Heater for the momnet in Xerox 860 and 8200. The lamps is of a bad quality. We buy other lamps - hopefully of a better brand.

Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back