Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP LJ 2100TN

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashleym

MIS
Mar 30, 2001
For some reason now I cannot duplex print to an HP LJ2100TN, I cannot find any settings in the printer for duplex printing. The printer used to print duplex, but recently the network (server) was changed, and now the option or function is gone. Can anyone help?

AM

Check in the driver under the Configure tab that there`s an option called Duplexing Unit. If not present there, try install/update to another driver. Next Check under the Advanced => Printing Defaults that Print on both sides is marked. If you`re running a Win NT 4.0 environment, I`d recommend using the PCL 5e driver.

There is no configure option and certainly nothing about duplexing in the printer driver options. We are using the PCL5e drive right now....... The environment is Windows 2000 server.

AM

Press both buttons together, momentarily to print a configuration page...does it show a duplexer in the options?

You probably is using the wrong driver. Try to go to the driver section(page1 in the printer options) and choose new driver... Have disk, point to the driver area and select OK, select the DTN driver instead of the TN driver(D is Duplex). Then you should be able to print with duplex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back