Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP (Lefthand Storage) NSM 260

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebouza70

MIS
Jul 9, 2007
US
Fellow Tek-Tippers,

Good morning, has anyone out there experienced a Lefthand NSM 260 lose connectivity to the VLAN it was connected too and also the CMC would not see the node. I have attempted restarting the server which connects to the SAN unit, restart the SAN unit, replace the unit and swap out all the original drives and raid controller cards over to the new replacement unit. I removed it from the VLAN, and gave it new static IP's then I was able to communicate with the box but it did not see any management group or clusters, and the RAID was showing up as off. According to Lefthand support, they said that having the RAID off, we had a very good possibility that when we turn on the RAID most likely ment that we would have to reconfigure the RAID and that would cause me to lose all my data because it would reintialize all my drives. Also because the box was not seeing the Management Group and the cluster that ment the box was like you had just added it to the network and needed to be setup from scratch and that would also wipe out the data.

Before I end up reconfiguring this box is there any possible way I can access my data before wiping it clean?

Any help and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Erick B

Erick B
MCSE
ebouza@gmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back