Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP LaserJet 500 Color M551 Horizontal Black Lines Everywhere 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CompDocB

Technical User
Jan 29, 2019
US
Hi Everyone,

Hopefully someone has experience with this and can point me in the right direction before I start buying random expensive parts. I moved my HP M551 printer upstairs. When I initially plugged it back in and started printing I was getting random horizontal lines around text and a solid vertical line down one side. Now I am getting horizontal lines everywhere there is blank space. I have swapped out the black toner cartridge without any change. I am guessing one of the other components was damaged by moving it. Electrostatic Transfer Belt (ETB) Assembly? Picture of printing examples is attached. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Bryan

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=d6735124-63e9-43aa-a3ba-2f243087be8c&file=IMG_20190129_133755.jpg
Somehow I resolved this myself by going to the Diagnostic Test, Component Tests, ITB Contact/Alienation, which did some motor rotating. I restarted the printer and tried printing and no more horizontal lines. [upsidedown]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back