Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP laserjet 4500dn transfer kit problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillboBaggins

IS-IT--Management
Sep 27, 2005
GB
Hi, as the subject sais we have a hp laserjet 4500dn printer with a duplexing unit. We had the printer serviced around 2 months ago, but lately its been reporting that the transfer kit needs replacing, even though I'm told it definately does not need replacing as this is part of the 'servicing' done by the hp technician, and it prints fine in all circumstances. I have held the power button in which I believe resets the printer, but this has not changed anything.

Does anyone know of the problem here and/or how to stop it happening.

Thankyou for any help

Regards
Bill

Check the status for the transfer kit, by printing out a configuration page from the printer.

If the transfer kit newly has been replaced, but havent been reset. Check the following document:
----
To reset the printer for the new transfer kit, press MENU on the control panel until RESETS MENU appears in the control panel display.

Press ITEM until TRANSFER KIT SELECT IF DONE appears in the control panel display, and then press SELECT.

---

Regards Marcus

Hi MarcusWev, thanks for your reply.

I have printed a configuration page and it sais the transfer kit has %100 life left and then reset the transfer kit via the control panel, but when I press SELECT a little star sits next to the message and nothing happens. The error message still comes up :/
Any ideas?
Perhaps I'm doing something wrong?

Cheers
Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back