Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP LASERJET 4500 duplex printing 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jflowers

MIS
Jul 23, 2004
US
have a user who can print duplex using a network printer from word and other apps when not connected to CITRIX. Once he connect to CITRIX (and using Auto-Create) the printer will not Duplex. I have installed the drivers on the server but still it will not duplex. Any suggestions????

Paper size and orientation are the only client settings that are read on auto-creation. All other settings are read from the default settings on server.

The workaround (if its OK for all users of this printer to duplex) then, with FR1/SP1 or later, you can set duplexing manually on the server.

Just log client off and on again and they'll be able to get duplexing.

the only problem is all our users log on annonous (not a good idea but not in my control) and then straight into an oracle database. how would I go about setting the users network printer to duplex when on Citrix. I might add I dont have access to the users print server to check the settings.

You will need access to the print server to change the settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back