Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP LaserJet 4+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 26, 2001
US
We currently have a problem with a Laserjet 4 Plus which we need to use in Production. The printer has the optional lower cassette installed and is displaying the "PC Install " error message intermittently. I have tried two different lower cassette assemblies, two different LC trays and even two of the standard trays to no avail. Sometimes thr printer will print others nothing. When I have tried the printer without the lower cassette assembly, I get contiuos PC LOAD A4 messages. The laserjet is configured for A4 and I am really struggling to figure out what is wrong with the printer, it looks like a repair job. Can anyone shed any light on this problem?

Andrew Westgarth
Web Developer
MSN: mail@hawaythelads.co.uk

You will get this error when the LC has been selected and the PC (tray 2) is not installed, or not installed properly. You need tray 2, as it is the paper guide for the LC. Check out tray 2 for a problem,(reseat) as well as the contacts that sense that it's installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back