Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hp Laserjet 3050 Shared documents

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdesbiens

Programmer
May 2, 2004
CA
Hi

i have a hp laserjet 3050, and i have a small office network with a folder named documents/clients when i scna a documents with my printer it create a pdf of the scan in that folder.

My problem is when i want to open this file from my portable i have an error message that says that i dont have the rights to open this file.

If i scan the same documents in an another folder that documents/clients and copy this documents in the folder documents/clients i am able to open it.

It seems that when the file is created it does not inherit the rights of the folder is it possible???

is there a way to solve this problem?

thanks a lot

Go and check what permissions are set in the properties menu. Is the file encrypted? If it is encrypted by one machine it usually won't be able to be opened from a different machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back