Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP LaserJet 2200D Printer Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

HelpDeskJami

Technical User
Oct 13, 2006
US
I would REALLY appreciate any help anyone can give me on this one. I have a HP LaserJet 2200D that I just replaced the Maintenance Kit, namely the fuser, on. Before I replaced it, the duplexer was working fine. After I replaced it, I have lost the ability to print on both sides of the pages. When I press the "Go" button, it won't print on both and I can't do it on the PC either. I have tried to contact HP support, but the printer is out of warranty so they won't help out without us paying and since it's for my company, I can't do that. I have taken the new fuser out and put the new old one back in and no go. I think I have taken it apart in the vicinity of ten times now and I'm sure I have all the parts on right. If anyone has any suggestions, I would be grateful!!

Jami Benson

Just changing the fuser should not have affected duplexing ability. In the front, pull out the tray, and pull the green lever on the right. This will drop down the tray. Push it back up, and try printing.If you have both PCL, and PS drivers, make sure they both have duplexing turned on.
Re-seat the chips on the formatter. Update the firmware.

"Impatience will reward you with dissatisfaction" RMS Cosmics'97

Thank you so much for your post Michael! I tried dropping the tray a while ago and that didn't seem to fix anything. I have the duplexing turned on in the PCL driver as well. I haven't updated the firmware nor have I tried re-seating the chips on the formatter. Can you explain how to do that part, the re-seating of the chips that is? Thanks again for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back