Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP Laserjet 2200- Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozzie13

Technical User
Jan 27, 2004
US
I have a LaserJet 2200 and we disconnected it from the network to clean it. After reconnecting it, people were not able to print to it. I can print a test page from the Web Jet Admin on the server. I deleted it from the printers on the server and now I don't know how to add it. Please help.

You should be able to add it like any other network printer. What is the actual problem?

Maybe you reset the IP on it? Agreed, what was the problem. But if Jet Admin can see it, then Windows should be able to as well. Go back to Jet Admin, then write down the IP. Go to add a printer, choose local port. See if there is a port in the list that matches the IP you wrote down. If so, select it and hit next, it may pause for a moment. Select the driver and then type a share name (if you don't have the driver go get it from hp.com). Now go to the computers and readd the printer on the desktops, this time selecting to use a network port, and browse/type in the \\servername\sharename.

Matt J.

P.S. Please always take the time to backup any and all data before performing any actions suggested for ANY problem, regardless of how minor a change it might seem. Also test the backup to make sure it is intact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back