Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP LaserJet 2100 - upgradeable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JStig

Technical User
Jul 25, 2002
US
I've acquired a HP2100 LaserJet that I want to set-up in a Mac-OS environment. According to a Mac Tech forum (thru Apple.com website), only the 2100M and 2100TN models support the Postscript-2 emulation that the Mac OS uses. I can get the Mac OS control panel to "see" the printer via the IrDA port, but can't get the set-up utility to work.

What kind of mods would be called for to upgrade/modify this to a "M" (or "TN") configuration? I believe that in the case of the "M" model, it's an internal part - the "M"s that I've seen on eBay look identical to the standard 2100 model I have.

I'm hoping to avoid having to sell this one and buy another - - any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

The bottom of the range Laserjet 2100 upgradeable to postscript with the addition of the postscript dimm module, often found for sale on ebay.

I bought one off ebay and the printer now works with my macs, its dead easy to install, but it has to go in a specific memory slot, best have the manual handy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back