Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP Laserjet 1200 (USB) and Windows 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

DasaniDrinker

IS-IT--Management
Oct 1, 2002
US
I am helping someone who just bought a Gateway PC with Windows 2000 pre-installed. They also bought an HP Laserjet 1200 series printer and hooked it up to the USB port. It installs fine and prints fine, BUT, the documents will not go away from the print queue. If she reboots, all the documents start printing again. I found the "Keep Printed Documents" in the properties, BUT, this was unchecked. The only thing we can do right now is manually delete the files from the print queue, since they won't go away on their own. I have tried to find some type of solution on HP's site, but not much makes sense there.

Has anyone every seen this? Please help!

Thanks in advance.
M.L.A.

This is indeed a strange thing. Try just for "fun" to activate / deactive the bi-directional support in the driver under port settings. Ususally this function is only needed when using the parallelport, but you never know [pipe]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back