Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP LaserJet 1200 Blank Page between pages 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 28, 2002
US
I have installed an HP LaserJet 1200 off an HP Jetdirect Single port box. The printer is using a standard HP LaserJet printer interface. Banners for the printer are turned off. The system will print a single page report without a problem.

When printing a multiple page report, the printer prints:
page 1, blank page, page 2, blank page, page 3, blank page, ........, page n, blank page. I have tried coping a different printer interface that works to the system, but, that did not work. I don't remember if I have stopped and restarted the spooler after the copy.

Any help would be grateful.

Jimmy Dixon

What type of report is this? Sounds as if the reports' page-length doesn't match that of the printer, i.e. your sending a report setup for 66 lines per page to a printer configured for 60 lines per page. Most LJ's have a default length of 60 lines per page. Exceed that or land on the final line and they will automatically feed a page.

This is usually addressable in two places: the printer configuration itself (forms length), or in the HPLaserJet interface. If it's the DEFAULT HPLaserJet interface, look at around line 560 for some enhancement notations.

Just a possible solution. Hope it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back