Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

hp jetadmin

Status
Not open for further replies.

sykes

IS-IT--Management
Jul 26, 2001
GB
I am trying to install jetadmin so that I can configure some jetdirect boxes on my network. It is a Windows 2003 server with Windows XP desktops. I am trying to configure a Jetdirect EX Pro and a Jetdirect 150x.
When I install Jetadmin 8.1 and try to run it I am asked for a username and password. What username and password is this? I have tried all that I can think of.

Are you upgrading a previous installation of WJA or is it a fresh install ?

A workaround could be :
For HP Web Jetadmin 7.5, 7.6, 7.8, 8.x and greater, edit the file \Program Files\HPWebJetadmin\auth\local.users.
Remove everything after the colon in the two lines that start with Admin: and admin:. Then browse to WebJetadmin and, when prompted for the user name and password, use the login name of admin and leave the password field blank.
This should enable you to enter WJA.

Remember that in In HP Web Jetadmin version 7.x and later, NT Domain authentication was added to Web Jetadmin profiles.
To remove this feature from the INI file, do the following:
From the [profile-settings] section, remove the line:
authentication=hpjwinauth:ntlogin
From the [profiles_admin] section, remove the line:
NTUsers=DOMAIN\username authentication=hpjwinauth:ntlogin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back