Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP IIIP blank pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

donkeyot

Technical User
Aug 11, 2000
AU
I have a HP IIIP laserjet that is printing a blank page in between each printed (inked !!) page. Am using NT4.0/sp4 with the built-in drivers. Have also tried HP web for updated drivers without success (they don't seem to support this configuration). The problem was originally intermittent but is now constant - I'm guessing a H/W problem. Any ideas, is this a known problem with this vintage of printer. The printer is direct connected - no network.

Virtually identical problem for me, a HPLJ IIIP on Win98. Intermittent at first, now an extra blank page w/ every printed page, tested w/ Quicken and MSWord. Tried the obvious (new cable, reinstalled printer driver, fiddled w/ "printable area" settings in driver) but no success.

Did donkeyot ever find a solution?

pb

Not fixed yet. Have stripped down the printer to clean connectors and mechanisms. The problem will almost always manifest itself during a multiple page print, single page prints are usually O.K

i would suggest that the problem is either with the pickup rollers (the tyres get worn out) or the seperation pad, this is a small piece of either rubber or cork pad on a sprung plate under the pickup roller, its main job, as the name suggests is to sperate the paper from the feed, this is not a job the average person can perform so would suggest you take it to a reputable dealer (ring HP and ask for the nearest dealer to you)

No, this is NOT a mechanical problem; the second page is not being pulled through with the first, but is fed AFTER the first page is through. It behaves as if the printer thinks it has a shorter logical page length than the application driving it, and there have been a few posts which allude to similar behavior with other devices. I really need to get off the dime and hook the notebook up to it to isolate the problem further.

pwb

Has anyone figured out what is causing the extra blank page between printed pages. I am also having this problem but have not been able to get it resolved. Pleae help!

Sassysadie

Yeah... This just started happening to me too!!! Man, what luck!!! I suppose HP won't even support this problem. I will keep looking tho cause it is frustrating to say the least. Seems like the all started when I upgraded to IE5.5. It's definetly NOT a mechanical problem. I think I have a work around. This is what I am going to do since I think Win98 is the cause with newer updates. Anyway. Step one. Take an OLD 486. Can you say Print Server? Load win95 on that. Stick a network card in it and share the printer out. If this works for me... I'll let you know but right now I am still buiding my new computer... This also could be a HP Virus trying to get you to upgrade that OLD HP IID! NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!! It will never die!!! :) Mine does Duplex it's AWSOME printer... Good Luck

Well, What do you know???? Look what I found!

Go here to see for yourself...

Basically it says...

HP LaserJet and Color LaserJet printers - Additional Blank Page Prints When Using Internet Explorer 5.5.

ISSUE: After clicking on the Print button in Microsoft(R) Internet Explorer, the print job may contain an additional blank page.

WORKAROUND: Do not use the Print button. Click Print in the File menu.

Contact HP?

Leave it to MircoFLOP to SCREW up a good thing!!!! I like how they say (MAY) ... May my a$$!!! Haven't had it not print a blank page as of yet!! but, I actually did try a test print and it worked... We'll see for how long. My suspicions were correct after all. SOFTWARE!!! ACK!

Well, that's not the problem with my printer; I found that I would get double feeds no matter what the application, no matter which computer I used.

Except when I used the manual feed tray.

The problem, for me, only happens when I use the bottom multi-sheet drawer. If I put a bunch of pages on the manual tray, everything is OK.

An OK workaround, but it means that if I try to feed checks, I've got to reorder them top-to-bottom. Sigh...

It's been a while since I last saw an HP III, but isn't there an option in the printer menu for form feed that is enabled by default?

Just my $0.02

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back