Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kennymc

Programmer
Jun 4, 2003
US
I have a HP 350ml running windows 2003. One of the drives went bad under warranty and I contacted HP. Before they would send me another drive they required me to update to the latest firmware.

So I did that and ran their diagnostics only to find out I have a bad drive.

Replaced the drive and thought all was well.

Now my Triplite software 'PowerAlert' will no longer run on the server. I get an error message the service ended unexpectly. The program is PA.exe.

Triplite doesn't have an answer but tells me I need to contact HP. And HP tells me it a Triplite issue and contact them even though it worked well before the firmware update.

Obviously I will not get any help from either company regarding this issue. Anyone offer some suggestions?

Get them both on a conference call and force them to hash it out. If needed get there managers on the phone, our your sales reps.

I've never heard of HP requiring that you flash your firmware just to RMA a drive. I think you talked to a prick.

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)
MCTS (SQL 2005 / Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0: Configuration / Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007: Configuration)
MCITP Database Administrator (SQL 2005) / Database Developer (SQL 2005)

--Anything is possible. All it takes is a little research. (Me)
[noevil]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back