Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP DL140 G3 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinkpanther56

Technical User
Jun 15, 2005
GB
We have recently purchaced a DL140 G3 and i can't seem to find any management software i'm aware that this isn't a true prolient server (lack of a smartstart CD was a pain) but are there no utilities for checking the condition of the RAID set or other hardware.

Thanks.

Haha i had a look on a DL140 page yesterday and i didn't see that section i must be going blind. I'm using the onboard RAID controller and non of the utilities seem to be able to tell me anything about it the Array Config Util says "ACU did not detect any supported controllers in your system" and the Array diag utility just tells me the version of the utility, handy stuff.

I know this is the basic controller but i'd still like a way to confirm that all is working well, this is only a RAID 1 set but i can't tell if the second disk is working or failed without checking the BIOS which isn't very useful on a production server.

Any ideas other than buy a DL300 series :)

Cheers.

Check out the "HP ProLiant Lights-Out 100 Remote Management User Guide For HP ProLiant ML110 G4, ML115 G1, DL140 G3, DL145 G3, and ML150 G3 Servers" document in the User Guide section of the manuals. I think all monitoring can be done there?

--------------------------------------
"Insert funny comment in here!"
--------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back