Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP DL 360 - FANS

Status
Not open for further replies.

james1982

Technical User
Nov 14, 2003
GB
Hi i have 2 dl360s running Linux, the problem is the fans are ridiculously noisy. It sounds like there running constantly at full speed flat out
Is there anyway i can reduce the fan speed? thus reducing the noise

thanks in advance

You need to ensure you are running the latest firmware as this is a known issue. You can download the latest firmware from the HP website (I have not posted a link because it depends on what Generation of DL360 you have).

Of course, your servers need to be in a cool location otherwise they might be genuinly overheating.

--------------------------------------
"Insert funny comment in here!"
--------------------------------------

Be sure to run the correct support pack for your operating system. The fans can be controlled by the operating system. If your OS doesn't know how to sense the temperature (HP Insight agents not loaded), then the fan speed will be high when it isn't required. Certain older models had a fan speed=low setting in BIOS, but the better fix is to put the correct software in your server. Do a full backup before installing any HP Agents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back