Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP DESKTOP 1560

Status
Not open for further replies.

suzuki444

Vendor
Jul 6, 2013
GB
Hi,
My printer stopped printing in colour even with a new cartridge yellow light on not flashing
so bought a brand new 1560 printer and same thing happens....yellow light on not flashing still only printing black and white..... could this be a pc fault as i have reinstalled the printer software with same result.....
any advice welcome
jim

I hesitate to help because your post lacked so much information and because you bought a new printer without troubleshooting the original. Neither good signs. What is your operating system? You may want to completely remove the driver and software then reboot. Then run CCleaner (both temp file cleaner and registry cleaner) and then restart. Make sure printer cable is unplugged before the first reboot. Reinstall latest software from HP web site and plug in cable ONLY when advised.

It's probably NOT a PC problem if it will print in B&W. Did you move the old printer cartridges to the new printer?? If so, that might mean a bad cartridge. Are you using HP cartridges or refilled/non-HP cartridges?

Start on page 57 for troubleshooting here:
and especially p. 65 where it says:
If no error message appears
Check the status of the printer by using the printer tools. To gain access to the tools, open
the Printer Properties dialog box, click the Features tab, and then click the Printer
services button.
Use the printer tools to perform the following tasks:
• View estimated ink levels.
• Clean the print cartridges.
• Calibrate the printer.
• Print a test page.
• Perform other functions as needed.

Well i have found the problem....by closing down my firewall the printer now will work perfect.....so it was pc problem after all....tip from HP themselves that actually works.....
jim.............

That's NOT a PC problem (i.e. hardware). That's a software problem. Now you have two working printers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back