Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP DeskJet 692C - False "out of paper"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mary99999

Programmer
Jan 18, 2001
US
The error message is the standard one: "There was an error writing to LPT1:, the printer is out of paper." The paper supply is fine. I have deleted and reinstalled the printer, checked all connections, checked printer settings and properties, rebooted a million times, checked ink cartridges, felt around in the printer for loose parts or any kind of weirdness. Have attempted a manual-feed job such as an envelope. All to no avail.

The yellow data light flashes, so the printer does seem to be "listening" to the computer, but then the paper error pops up on the screen. Am using Win 98. Printer has been normal and stable forever. This is a sudden new problem. Should I hook my laptop to the printer to learn if it is a printer error, or an error in my desktop? Then what? Thanks in advance, anyone!

I had a similiar problem with an hp 895. A warranty repair service said it needed a new logic board. (They bought the printer instead of repairing it) Hope this helps.

a lot of thing can cause this try cleaning the rollers also look at the flag in the paper tray see it stuck or broke check these 1st gunthnp
Have you ever woken up and realized you where not alive.

I agree with Gunthnp, clean the pick up roller with some printer cleaner solvent, if it can't pick the paper it will claim to be out. Worth a try, before going into repair and replace scenario....... DEC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back