Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP Deskjet 1220C won't work on Mac OS X

Status
Not open for further replies.

user127

Technical User
Oct 8, 2005
GB
Hi All,

I've attached an HP Deskjet 1220C printer to my Mac Mini (OS X Tiger) using a Parallel to USB converter. Great. The only problem is that I can't get the thing to accept any output using HPs driver version 2.7.1. All that happens is the print queue stops itself and I sometimes get a single numeral printed on a page with no other graphics. I've tried complete pages of graphics, single raster images, and plain text on its own - none of them work.

However, I have managed to output pages using GIMP print driver - though the output is abysmal. It looks as though someone has got a pen and done a dot to dot drawing - no where near the printers resolution capability and no settings apparent that will rectify this. The colour is terrible too - very dull and far too contrasty.

I hope someone can offer some advice as this is "driving" me nuts.

Thanks

Pixel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back