Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP Deskjet 1220c paper slipping problems 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonio68

IS-IT--Management
Jun 1, 2003
DK
I will like to know if anyone knows where I can find a HP DeskJet CD-ROM Service Manual for the HP Deskjet 1220c, or if anyone has any suggestions to solve the following?

My HP Deskjet 1220c will easily accept working when I feed it ordinary paper, but as soon as it is fed with -hp´s own Primium Glossy Photo Paper then it will take in the paper to the first stage, after that it starts slipping. Basically, it starts printing, but the paper just doesn´t move further. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Does it take the paper in all the way? If not, it sounds like the pickup roller might need to be replaced. How old is the printer and how much do you use it?

Thank you for your reply. It sounds like an accurate discription of the problem.
My printer is about 2,5years and I would not say that it has been used obsessively.
What about the option of cleaning the pickup roller?
Is this something I can carry out on my own, or for that matter replacing the pickup roller itself.
Are there any guides available to help one ease the process?

Thank you in advance.

regards
Toni

Does it take the paper in all the way? If not, it sounds like the pickup roller might need to be replaced. How old is the printer and how much do you use it?

Two good options here:

1. Take some REALLY REALLY fine sandpaper and lightly rub the pickup rollers. This will remove that "glaze" that's causing your problem.

2. Buy some rubber roller deglazer. It's ridiculously cheap ($7 or so for a full quart that will last your entire lifetime and then some). I bought mine from a local print shop supplier - find a repair shop that works on postage meters and things of that sort and they can probably sell you some. INX is a good brand.

<?legalstuff
The above is my opinion only and should not be construed as the opinion of my employer.
?>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back