Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP Dat4 Drive and Yosemite Tapeware

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsims

IS-IT--Management
Feb 28, 2002
GB
Hi all,

Hope someone can help me, i have an NT4 server connected to various NT4 and win98 machines. I need to be able to back up the whole network on the one tapedrive. The dat4 drive is in a NT4 workstation (not the server) and in the tapeware admin package i can see and backup that local machine. The problem is i cant see any of the network, i read somewhere i had to install tapeware on all machines on the network but during installation the other machines dont find a storage domain to connect to so cant see the network (and hence the dat drive)

Does anyone know the solution to my dilema ?

TIA

Justin

Is the tapeware that you are using the Cd that came with the drive..if so then you will need to contact tapeware to upgrade the software as the Tapeware that comes with the drive is only a single edition..What that is that it will only allow you to backup your local machine and doesn't allow you to backup over a network

Shaun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back