Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP CP5525 Install new hard drive giving error 99.19.62

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drummer016

Technical User
Oct 1, 2015
US
Hi guys and girls

So I bought a new HP CP5525 printer and the previous owner pulled the hard drive. I bought a new hard drive off ebay and installed it. It now gives me a 99.19.62 error. I downloaded the latest firmware from the HP website and ran it hoping that would clear the problem but it didn't. It is stating that the secure disk is locked to another device, remove or erase/unlock disk.

When I go to administrator the unlock is grayed out and cannot be selected. It does let me erase but that didn't solve the problem. Maybe I need to wipe the hard drive from my laptop and reinstall the firmware????????
DSCN1852_c0ncha.jpg

Any help is greatly appreciated. I was unable to find any info online about this particular error code.
DSCN1853_nk2npi.jpg

Perhaps this HP FutureSmart Firmware Device Hard Disk Security document will provide some clues?

The document includes the statement "If the erased disk contained the system firmware, performing an Erase/Unlock will render the device inoperable, and a new firmware image must be installed to the disk before the device can be used again"; I've no idea whether or not this is relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back