Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP/Compaq r3000 ups with ERM Lights flashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmsacrui

MIS
Sep 4, 2003
BE
Hi,

I have two red led's flashing on my unit:
led 2 - general alarm
led 4 - Battery Failure

Before I go and purchase new batteries, incase its dead cells, can anybody tell me what that combo of flashing led's means? The manual does not give that combo, and seems to contradict each other.

Hp Docs:

LED (4) is flashing red.

Battery voltage is low because the UPS has been out-of-service for a long period of time. "Its been on for months".

Allow the UPS to charge the batteries for 24 hours. Initiate a self-test. If the LED does not turn off, replace the batteries. "I did this"

The battery test failed. Allow the UPS to charge the batteries for 24 hours. "I did this"

Initiate a self-test. If the LED does not turn off, replace the batteries. "not done yet"

The battery is disconnected. Install the battery module. If
the battery module is already installed, remove and re-insert. "all ok"

General alarm (2) flashing

Condition—UPS is in Auto-Bypass mode. "the utility led is green so it cant be"

Internal ups fault. "?"

REPO condition. "??"

UPS power capacity is exceeded "it cant be, as it was working fine before with the same load".

I run a self test and it runs through that ok.

I may be getting a new ERM to test with (to see if it is bad cells) - if I replace mine with this is it hot swapable, or will I need to power down the attached servers?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back