Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP colourlaser 4500N error problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 7, 2002
GB
Hi guys

I'm having a problem with one of our above printers. When ever printing a specific PDF document the 4500 comes back with this error( 49 error (196A) cycle power) I then power off and on again at which point it prints out the document.

The document is 780kb so this should pose no problem and prints fine to other colour printers. I looked up the error code and came up with a few answers, one being insufficient printer memory. Anybody ever had the same scenario and do you have any suggestions?

Thanks

kent1

I had this problem, updating the driver and changing from PCL to PS resolved

From the HP site:

HP Color LaserJet 4500 Printers - Adobe (R) Acrobat (R), 49 FF02 Errors on Printer Control Panel
ISSUE: The printer's control panel displays the error message, "49 FF02," while attempting to print a .PDF file from Adobe Acrobat and using the PostScript (R) driver.

WORKAROUND 1: In Adobe Acrobat, complete the following steps:

Select File and Print.
Ensure that the PostScript driver is selected.
Under PostScript Options, select PostScript Level 1.
Resend the print job.
WORKAROUND 2: Use the PCL 5 or PCL 5c driver, if possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back