Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP CLJ CP3525DN "Close Front or Right Doors" Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoneFreak89

Technical User
Jul 13, 2018
US
I replaced the fuser drive gear after getting the 59.F0 error on the control panel. I put everything back together very carefully. The install went smoothly. Now when I start up the printer I get the error "Close front or right doors." I checked both the right- and front-door interlock switches and they are functioning correctly. J118 on the DC controller is securely connected, as is every other connector. What else can I check? Thanks for the responses in advance.

I hate to beat the dead horse but I would say either there is a missing connection to one of the switches and the board or maybe a cable got pinched in the reassembly. I would start with a disassembly and slowly reassemble to see if there was anything odd or not connected. I know it is time consuming but it usually allows you to see what happened. If you can manually actuate both switches with it reassembled and have them both pressed, is the error still there? Meaning leave the doors open and either depress the switch or close the contact if it is a contact switch.

Learning - A never ending quest for knowledge usually attained by being thrown in a situation and told to fix it NOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back