Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP CLJ CM3035 Printer fault - Not printing Black

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walter349

Technical User
Aug 16, 2002
BE
Hi,

I have had this thing dumped on me.The printer has had a major toner spill(Black), it was in drifts on the base of the printer. I have cleaned it out (mostly), to do it any better will require a complete tear down to component level. I have cleaned out the toner area. The lower fan area, the DC PCB, Formatter PCB, PSU fan area and anywhere else I could get to. The cabling looms and connectors were and still coated with toner, I have cleared most of them. The printer powers up and indicates no faults. Except that it will not print black at all, Magenta is OK, Yellow is OK, Cyan is very faint.

I have cleaned all the sping connectors both on the back of the DC pcb, which was covered in toner, the spring contacts on the main drive assy (Both sides)and made sure that the springs properly connect with the DC PCB wire contacts. I have cleaned all contacts in the toner area.

I really do not want to have to take this completely apart as I do not have the space or time unless it is really necessary.

Does anyone have any experiance with this sort of fault?

'If at first you don't succeed, then your hammer is below specifications'

Did you replace/refill the black toner ? it might be that ALL of it spilled, and the part that senses the toner level might be the cause of the spill AND the fact that you get no error, but no black printing. Have you had it print the status message that shows the level of each kind of toner ?

Fred Wagner

Thanks,

The black toner is new, as is the cyan. The yellow and magenta are used and the printer indicates that state on the LCD. I have not printed the toner status message. I shall try that and see what it says. At the moment I am kind of convinced its a sensor issue, caused by the spilt toner, which has covered everything. Despite my best efforts it is not possible to clean it 100%.

Hi,

I tired the supplies status page and it told me what I expected,

Black @ 97%
Cyan @ 99%
Magenta , Used no percentage reading, but printing ok!
Yellow 98%.

The problem is that no black toner is being sent to the transfer belt, so I am still thinking sensor/connection. Maybe the toner optical drum is not being written to.
The printer passes all internal diagnostics. Just not printing from the black cartridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back