Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP CLJ 4600N blocks and lines appearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cjbuechler

IS-IT--Management
Dec 12, 2001
US
I have an HP CLJ 4600N that does a great job printing 99% of my work but when I try to print something with some graphics in it it puts lines or blocks of black throughout the page.

I've tried printing using a PCL 5, 6, and PS driver. I've updated the firmware, I've tried replacing (HP) toner cartridges, I've tried other documents, Softwares, and Computers and I can't get that to work. I've taken the server out of the loop by printing right to the IP address. I've tried the diagnostics pages and yet they come out fine.

Any ideas?

What OS, what are trying to print the graphics with ?
What type(s) of graphics.

If they are standard graphics files, can you print them
from, say, internet explorer, by making an html file with
the anchor to the graphics file(s).

We're using Windows 2000.

...I have another bit of info:
If I take a laptop and print one of these documents to the printers jetdirect card I get the normal result. If I plug that same laptop into the parallel port on the printer and use the exact same driver (just switching the port used over to LPT1) the document prints fine. I tested that yesterday and it worked every time.

So I'm assuming from that that its something up with the Jetdirect card (J6057A). I've updated the firmware on the card and the printer itself and the problem is still there.

I'd agree that it's the card or handshake possibly.

What TCP/IP port driver are you using ? Some of HP´s printer tend to suffer if they are not using the HP standard TCP/IP port instead of M$ own port driver.
Is the problem occouring from all applications ? Try do a simple print of a picture from M$ paint and compare it to a printout from another application.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back