Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP/Cisco Mixed environment Spanning-tree issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

makemorebeer

Technical User
Jun 6, 2007
US
recently we have made changes to our network to include a redundant third party wireless link to a remote site. both main site and remote site are using HP pro-curve switches. Primarey link is provided via a third party vender with a bridged wireless link. secodnary(backup link) is two Cisco 1400 series wireless bridges. when i enable the switchport to the cisco bridge on the remote side it crashes the network segment. according to the switches the spanning-tree root is our core switch. and from what i've been able to tell all switches in the route of this link are set to default settings with the exception of the root which has a priority of 0. according to the Cisco bridges spanning is disabled, and i am not sure if this needs to be enabled or not to propograte correctly. if it does how do i set it so it will sync with the switchs. i'm new to setting up spanning-tree so i'd appreciate any type of help anyone can offer me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back