Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP C6150 Networked Printer Works Sporatically

Status
Not open for further replies.

herschen

Technical User
Dec 12, 2008
A client of mine has an HP C6150 All-in-One at home that constantly disappears from his Print Manager in Windows Vista. It does this on both his laptop and the family laptop. In order to reinstall the printer, I had to delete all the HP ports, uninstall & reinstall the driver (Just using the CD--or installation file--to "Add Another Printer" did not work). The printer is connected via CAT5 cable to a Linksys WRT54G and then the laptops are connected to this router wirelessly. The printer has IP address 192.168.1.102, both laptops have their different IP addresses (and the router is 192.168.1.1. Any help is appreciated.

A side problem--that may be related to this--is that he has two HP C6150 printers (one in his office and one in his home). He has had trouble in the past connecting to both of them on his old XP machine. However, since the last time I reinstalled his printer drivers, he has not used the office printer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back