Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP B8850 gloss printing problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reeveseye

Technical User
Feb 3, 2010
US
I just purchased an HP B8850, and I’m having trouble getting the black tones to print properly on gloss paper. Even when I use the setting for Advanced glossy paper, the black areas come out looking matte. There’s a big difference in luster between the white non-printed areas and the darkly printed ones. The overall color seems OK; it’s just a matter of not getting the gloss I expect out of a high-end printer combined with high-gloss paper. This happens on both application-managed and printer-managed color settings.

But when the printer first calibrated, the page of color bars it printed out looked just fine. The blacks were just as glossy as the whites, and the other colors looked good too. So I know the printer is capable of delivering what I want, but I haven’t been able to convince it to do so ever since. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back